Di Russell-Horn Creates Art from the Heart, Creativity for the Soul, and Tranquility for the Mind.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

You can pick your friends but you cannot pick your family

I learned a very important lesson tonight.
There is nothing quite as special as family.
No matter how much we argue
or disagree with each other
When push comes to shove
We always have each others back
When we are hurting, with no one to lean on
We always have our family

We may not have that special of a
relationship with everyone in our family
but sometimes no matter how much
we try, it just is not meant to be.
The key is to realize that some things
cannot be changed and move on.

I feel very fortunate to have
a wonderful family.
I don't know what I would do without
my brothers, sister in laws,
son, husband, nieces, nephews,
aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Because, yes my friends are my family
They say you can pick your friends but
you cannot pick your family.

I feel lucky to have the best of both.
Through thick and thin,
tears and laughter,
through good times and bad,
I thank God for my family

No comments:

Post a Comment