Di Russell-Horn Creates Art from the Heart, Creativity for the Soul, and Tranquility for the Mind.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

PACKING UP FOR ART IS YOU 2011


Well it's almost here!!   Art Is You...2011 in Danbury Ct starts next Thursday October 6, 2011.  As you can see I'm in the midst of packing for the retreat.  I'm teaching three workshops and taking two.  The bins are all lined up in the living room and I'm pretty much packed up for each class.  The excitement level is just growing and growing.  Through emails, our Yahoo Group and Facebook, everyone is so excited that it is finally here!

The maiden voyage of the West Coast Art Is You just finished up this week in Petaluma, Ca. and was a HUGE success, thanks to Sallianne  McClelland and Ellen Purtill-Legare, our fearless leaders.  As always these ladies have a way of weaving their magic and creating an art event that is hands above any other retreats.  They work long, hard hours to bring a host of fabulous teachers together with talented artists and it shows in the friendships that are forged and the excitement of everyone involved.

So most of my art supplies are packed.  Haven't given a thought to clothes yet but that will come this weekend.  I'm taking two fabulous classes and I will have pictures to post when I get back.  I'm teaching three wonderful workshops, The Art of Resin, Crocheting with Wire and Glass Beads, and Twisted Metals.  I'll have lots of pictures to share and I'm sure some great stories.


So if you aren't joining us this year at Art Is You, I'll bring back a little bit of the magic to share.  The art event is held on Columbus Day weekend every year, so plan on joining us next year.  The website is www.Art-Is-You.com .  Next year there will be three retreats, Petaluma, Ca. , Danbury, Ct., and Sydney, Australia !!!

Time to go finish packing!  Take some time to create art today, I guarantee you will feel good!
di

2 comments: