Di Russell-Horn Creates Art from the Heart, Creativity for the Soul, and Tranquility for the Mind.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Blank Canvas's are so Intimidating

I've got a blank canvas sitting in front of me and it's so intimidating because I want to do it right the first time. I'm referring to a new home that we will be moving to as soon as our house sells. It's a beautiful home that we are renting with hardwood floors, gumwood trim and so much character that I just can't stand it.

Part of me wants the house to be a beachy retreat. I love the ocean and the colors of blues, greens, softness and beauty. My son loves the idea too. It will be easy to paint soft colors, get slipcovers for our furniture and accent the place with things that are light and airy.

The the other part of me wants warm tones, reds, off whites, bright accents and a warm wonderful feel.

So I stand divided and I'd better make up my mind soon because time is not going to stand still.

It's like when I order in a restaurant. I always have to go last because I can never make up my mind until I'm forced to. So I'll keep you posted as to what we decide. I have a feeling it will either be Brian's choice or a coin flip!

No comments:

Post a Comment